Requirements for Membership
- You may be required to travel for a personal interview with a RARE member in the city nearest to your area.
- You must be willing to participate on RARE committees.
- You must plan to be able to attend two International RARE meetings annually: one at the Las Vegas ICSC Convention, and the second is in a different city each year.
- There is a one-time initiation fee of $2,000 with annual dues of $5,000.
- By applying for membership in RARE you do not become a member unless and until you are so notified by RARE in writing.
Download Membership Application:
- Printable Acrobat® PDF File [57k]
Requires Acrobat Reader or the Acrobat plug-in for your browser. (To download, click here)
- Text-Only Version [3k]
- The individual is a licensed real estate person and if approved will be the designated member, not the firm.
- A significant portion of the individual’s primary business is in restaurant/hospitality real estate.
- The individual is experienced with a number of different restaurant clients.
- The individual has significant personal brokerage volume in the restaurant/hospitality field.
- The individual has multi-faceted restaurant/hospitality brokerage (leases, sales, shopping centers, etc.) experience.
- The individual has been in commercial real estate (specializing in restaurant/hospitality) for a number of years (suggested five years as a minimum).
- The individual is well established and knowledgeable in their home market.
- Neither the individual nor the firm can have any direct affiliation with any other national referral network, which is competitive with RARE.
- The council member designate must be principal/decision maker in their firm.
- There will be one member firm in each metropolitan area, unless the original member firm approves of another.
- Certain of the membership provisions may be exempted by the Board of Directors.